Possible URI, question re: outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

lele

Hatchling Member
Hi
Eleye, very healthy guy, was bulging his eyes (general cleaning, I thought) but kept his right eye closed and looked puffy underneath so I looked and he had slight discharge, almost clear with a tinge of yellow. I patted it off and seemed OK then saw string from his mouth. Looked in mouth looked OK, but he's a snapper! :( Anyway, if it is URI or eye infection it very beginning. He is out everyday and seemed fine yesterday, in fact ate 5 adult roaches. After checking him out this morning he ate his greens, and is now on one of his basking rocks, head bobbing and being his usual self.

My question is this...I want to bring him outside to get some real sun, but I live in New England and it is very humid today. Not sure if I should keep him dry under lights or if the UVB/humidity trade-off is worth it.

Setup
75 gal tank
zoo med 10.0
zoo med 150 basking
Temps 111°-82°

Thanks!
lele

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The humidity shouldn't be a problem. Take him out in the sun and take advantage of the good weather while you can. Discharge from the eye can be tested by a vet to find the root cause but if it's minor it may just clear up on it's own after a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom