Beardie got angry at me for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Hi I've had my 20 ish month old beardie just over a year now and today for the first time she actually looked like she might bite me. I put her in her carrier to take her outside (I know she doesn't like the carrier she seems to associate with bath time which she doesn't seem to enjoy but she won't poop.unless she's in the bath and even then she'll only go every couple of weeks) when I opened it up she had already puffed up her beard (Not black) but I let her out anyway. When I went back to pet her she puffed up more than I'd ever seen. She had her mouth gaping and I'm sure I heard her hiss at me. Anyway she's never so much as puffed her beard up at me before so it was quite alarming. I don't know if it was just she was nervous about been outside I'm never 100% sure she likes it as she doesn't roam much out there or if something else upset her but it was like she was a completely different dragon. Should I avoid taking her out in future? I know it's good for them but don't want to stress her that badly again. Just as a side note she's not shedding or anything and looks perfectly healthy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This happens all of the time, when they go outside for the first time. I don't think she was
mad at you per say, but just nervous about the whole situation.
They are extremely observant & get uncomfortable with anything being overhead. If you
do decide to take her out again, maybe get a leash for her & hold her so she can see around
her.
Also, since she already associates her carrier with an activity she doesn't like, that may be
causing some anxiety as well.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom