Dragon's Tail Pinched in Kennel

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a while since I have posted on here. Have not had any issues with my little friends since and they have been wonderful!

But I accidentally hurt my dragon today when I put him in a kennel for about an hour. His tail was pinched and I found it an hour after.

He doesn't seem to have much feeling in it with some of his scales coming off and a tiny itty bit of red. He is usually extremely sensitive in the tip of his tail so he definitely cannot feel it when I touch it or move it around.

I have heard of the tail rot that happens when something like that occurs. But is there any precautions I need to take for him so that he can heal this?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
photos

Clean it with a dilute betadiene wash , and then apply manuka honey to the injured area , will be worth getting him to a vet to have the injured tail examined .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom