Small lump in lip

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpineda1996

Hello, I am here in hopes someone could tell me what this growth that I noticed recently on my beardies lip could possible be. It's relatively small and dark, I'm not sure if it's mouth rot, or something else. I tried to take a picture, kinda difficult to see. Idk how to post an image here, hope this works.
Thanks in advance
full

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't think that is mouth rot but looks like some type of injury perhaps or an abscess. What
type of foods does she eat? It's possible an insect bit her in that area & it has gotten infected.
Have you tried to use a q-tip to clean out the mouth to see if it came off? Is it hard or soft to
the touch?
What type of substrate do you have in her tank?

Tracie

wpineda1996

Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

The area is relatively rough, minus her saliva, which did allow a little bit to come off, but nothing from the main area of concern, mostly along her outer lip. After the first time she let me mess with it, she didn't want to open her mouth anymore, guessing it bothered her.
I started noticing that she would keep her mouth open, as if she was basking, but without being in the light. That makes me think that it's bothering the area is bothering her.
Her diet is primarily crickets and cilantro (she doesn't eat any other fruit or vegetable -_-).
I use some fake, sticker type, tile in her terrarium.
I try to take out the excess crickets out of her tank whenever she is done eating, to avoid them messing/biting her when she's asleep and such.

If it is an infected bite/cut, what would be the recommended approach for care? Are there available resolutions in a pet store, or something that would have to pay the vet a visit?

Thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom