QUESTION PLEASE

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Re: QUESTION PLEASE

Postby JIMMIA » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:00 pm

okay, I apologise, she must eat but very little, because today as I said on the 10th I was going to weigh and measure her and since last month to now, she has grown at least 2cm and put on about 5g :) [Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:48 am

Well that is good that she is growing. :) But I Still don't know why she isn't eating. :? I Hope she starts eating more soon though.
Slave to Four Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Ball Python, one Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:36 pm

here’s a recent photo of the little darling :) she such a character because she was bearding at me so I thought muck around and roar back at her and was so funny, she looked at me like whatever and closed her beard and looked like do I know you lol ;) sorry [Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:37 am

If she's not eating properly of her own accord, it's going to be a very wize approach to handfeed her. This way you can be sure she's sufficient protein and vitamins and calcium to thrive and grow.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Fluffy - 4yr rescued lawnmowing accident victim 14Nov17.
Lucky - cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby JIMMIA » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:50 am

I'm going to try JIMMIA on some woodies :)
how many am I allowed to give her? please :)
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:43 am

JIMMIA wrote:I'm going to try JIMMIA on some woodies :)

You can specify the size you want when you order from
http://www.livefoods.com.au/live-insects
or
https://frogs.org.au/live-foods/
or
http://www.biosupplies.net.au/live-crickets-and-bugs/
or
https://www.piscesenterprises.com/cms/p ... d-c5944017
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby HippieLizards » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:39 am

Quick Question That is Probably a Dumb one: What Is/Are woodies?? Lol. I Have heard of people saying give their beardies woodies, But I Have No Clue what they are. :| :study: :study:
Slave to Four Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Ball Python, one Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:48 am

HippieLizards wrote:

Quick Question That is Probably a Dumb one: What Is/Are woodies?? Lol. I Have heard of people saying give their beardies woodies, But I Have No Clue what they are. :| :study: :study:

Nauphoeta cinereal
https://bie.ala.org.au/species/urn:lsid ... e69b078f0e , http://eol.org/pages/1074921/details
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby HippieLizards » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:18 am

Ohh, Ok. Lol I thought that it was some type of cricket or something Lol, Thank You, I was wondering what in the world were woodies Lol.
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:13 pm

kingofnobbys wrote:
HippieLizards wrote:

Nauphoeta cinereal
https://bie.ala.org.au/species/urn:lsid ... e69b078f0e , http://eol.org/pages/1074921/details

they are like a Cockroaches but somehow someway different, a hard thing to try pick up with tweezers if only new to them as because JIMMIA either bumps my hand when get one and it fall off them lol or I drop/ squash them as hard to grip with fingers lol and they are full of protein (so just another bug source like crickets) :) [Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:51 am

Oh Ok, Cool. I Might try that later on. :)
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:26 am

HippieLizards wrote:Oh Ok, Cool. I Might try that later on. :)

Peppa and my gang skinks love them , sometimes I'll find a few mixed in with the bulk order of crickets from Livefoods in Qld.
I give them to one of the gang by hand as a treat …. I used to very squeamish about touching roaches but after years of giving live insects and the occasional live roach (if I catch it) to my resident wild skinks and my pet skinks and dragons …. just another feeder I have no problem with picking up.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby JIMMIA » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:16 pm

this is my 100th post woohoo :blob5: thank you to all those who have helped JIMMIA and I over the past 3 months :) I’m still learning a little bit by little bit and discovering more about her as she grows :) I/ we appreciate all of your help so with love JIMMIA and I :) [Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:38 pm

JIMMIA wrote:this is my 100th post woohoo :blob5: thank you to all those who have helped JIMMIA and I over the past 3 months :) I’m still learning a little bit by little bit and discovering more about her as she grows :) I/ we appreciate all of your help so with love JIMMIA and I :) [Click image to enlarge]
Congrats! :) and You're welcome, We're all happy to help Y'all. :)
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:21 am

Jimmia is getting more aggressive, I can still pick her up, she still sits near me and wont run off much but lately she is watching my fingers (being more observant) and making a hiss noise at me if get to close,

so do these stages last long?
I should try handel her more? or is she trying tell me just leave her in her terranium and feed her?

because as I've mentioned before, she's not eating the amount of crickets/ woodies you say she should be eating, she's still only eating about 10 and not eating her fruit and vegetable;

also I've not seen a piece of poop wet for a week or two, I make sure she has water etc but for the last 2 poops I've seen, they were hard,

she is still around 20 grams and I've had her 3 months, I personally don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but I've been trying things I read here and there but she a little fussy-

so anyone know what might be wrong? please, I'm trying my best, I have her lights on from 07-00 to 18-30 (7am to 6-30pm) and her temps are at 28 degrees (we are in spring now so do they need change?)

sorry :(
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Health