Dragon lethargic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam37

His name is luffy i have had him about 9 months and he also is 9 months old. Everyhing was dandy for about 7 months then he started going to bed at 4 or 5 in the afternoon. Now i wake0 him up at 7 and he is in bed by noon. This has been going on for about a month and im pretty scared.

Setup - coil uvb bulb(getting a better one) two ceramic heaters (one is only for super cold nights) a basking tree, a rock to sleep under, a feeding bowl and water bowl inside a 55 gallon tank

Any advise is really helpfull and is very appreciated

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. The coil is probably bothering him. Those have been known to cause appetite , she and lethargy. Also you need a bright white basking light. Those CHE are for night if your house gets below 65.

sam37

Original Poster
destiny1998":2c18radq said:
Hi. The coil is probably bothering him. Those have been known to cause appetite , she and lethargy. Also you need a bright white basking light. Those CHE are for night if your house gets below 65.
So in total i need a basking light a uvb bulb and a heater?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
This is the ideal setup : GUIDE FOR SETTING UP THE THERMAL AND UV GRADIENT IN A VIV.
arcadia_bearded_dragon_lighting_guide.png

Lighting required :
basking spot = MVB (heat, light & UVB & UVA all in one) or domestic indoor/outdoor halogen or incandescent spot globe (heat and light) par38 is very good)
basking and warm zone = above + Arcadia t5ho 12%UVB tube in reflector hood

cool zone = partly covered by UVB tube.

For at night (if the room gets colder than 24 degC overnight) a CHE on a thermostat mounted over the cool zone / bed-hide set to hold the viv at about 24 degC overnight.

Beardied late afternoon siesta : not an issue , all my gang have a habit of taking a siesta in the mid - late afternoon either in the cool zone or in their hides , and they typically started doing that when they were about a year old , more when they were about shed and when having growth spurt.
Leave the lights and heat on the full mandatory 15-16 hrs , this give the dragon the opportunity to get back up and have another bask before bed time.
It's OK to gently rouse the dragon for snuggles and it's feed, a relaxed dragon will be more inclined to stay put on you and snuggle into you. ROUTINE IS EVERYTHING TO A DRAGON.

Also at 9 months old , the dragon should still be mainly eating live insects (twice per day) , as it needs the insect fats and proteins and calcium to grow , a 9 month old still has about 12 - 16 months of growth in it , but will be starting to mature and behave in a more adult manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom