Potential health problem?? Eyes seem sunken in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent posted in years so I'm sorry this ones so lengthy. I noticed today that my Khloe of 5 years looked a little strange. Her eyes seemed slightly sunken in, but she was basking, left a little poop for me to clean up, and otherwise seemed pretty perky. I gave her a bath after reading she could be dehydrated, but she just looked tired. Eyes were a little puffy, in the bath she seemed to try and scratch her head with her back feet. We hold strange hours and often house lights get turned on late when we get home from work so after a pretty failed attempt at crickets and her favorite treat, papaya, I made sure it was lights out early to try and get her rest.

Temps are normal, I use a paper towel substrate so I'm not worried about sand.

As far as new developments that may have changed we've been making a point to go out with her one day a week to a park rather than her normal out of tank time in the house as the temperatures warm up. We visited the dog park the other day (of course far away from dogs) where she found a patch of grass she really liked. Parasites? Bacteria? We did buy crickets from a new source about 3 days ago, and I put a small water bowl in her tank that same day. I'm trying to be thorough, but I'm worried about my girl. I'm hoping she's fine, but I'll post pictures when she's awake. Anything is appreciated! I'm going to call the vet tomorrow morning as well and keep everyone updated. Thanks in advance your patience with me and your time

Edit: also we moved her tank closer to the window, did not think it was noteworthy but... Shoot would daylight be waking her up too early since there's sun before her lamps are on?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks a bit tired, and dehydration may or may not com in to play. You can use a dropper or spray bottle to gently drip water on her snout, take your time and do so a few drips at a time, pausing after each few drips. You can add just a few drops of grape juice to , that may get her to drink but always make sure there's more water than juice.

If she hasn't had a fecal test done in a while you could get that done. Taking her outside poses no risks though, my guys go out all the time .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom