Hyper but not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lina

Hello all,
I have re-adopted an 8 year old female, only have her two weeks yet, but she's a tough one, her name is Debbie.
So first week she was all lazy and sleepy, ate every second day, gave her bath every 2days (she's fairly wrinkly), changed UVB light - became more active, climbs her log again, face is more orange and yellow now.

So the problem is: we are living with an open viv policy for the last 2days, because she refuses to stay inside - constantly bangs her nose in the window, scratches - window surfs... As you see from the picture - it's open on the cool end, so she gets out - runs around the room and kitchen like a champ, climbs little shelves, rests on the hot water bottle I left to her (it's around 70-75F in the room), then half an hour later goes back to the viv, basks, sits right under UVB for 20min and out the door again running...
Sounds nice and normal, but she hasn't eaten for last 3 days, and poops daily (bit of water, white edge, black poop), so where is it all coming from? Detox or something?

Tank is about 45 gallon, brand new repti glo 10, 100W ceramic heat, water +salad bowl always there, we put tile and artificial grass last week (previous owner had sand). Calcium was given every time she ate, I use reptisafe for water and baths. 100F hot, 75-80F cold side. Tried roaches, locusts, morio worms, squash, pak choy, rocket, cilantro, bell pepper, blueberries.

Just want to make sure she is alright, because this not eating business is driving me mad.. She's my first dragon, deep in love already! ❤️
98447-1033992847.jpg
98447-2041535862.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. The set up looks good except she needs a bright white basking light. Those Ceramic heat smokers are for night when your house gets below 65. I use halogen flood bulbs.

Lina

Original Poster
I had an infrared, but exploded after a week of using... Don't ask...
We are going to the vet today, an hour drive away, but something went wrong last night - she had seizure like spasms on her back legs and was not active this morning at all... I'm scared for what it is..

Lina

Original Poster
Yes, calcium deficiency, worms and of course - MBD... But the vet assured me it's been not treated for ages... So shots of calcium + D3, treatment for worms, and some injection was given... She slept all the way home, now chilling in her log, looks happy to be home... We will go back in a month, for another check up.
Anyway, I'll keep on spoiling her, she's too cute not to ?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Sort of good that infrared bulb broke or she'd be pretty sleep deprived and possibly develop eye problems since they can see red light... I mean if a bulb was infrared we wouldn't even be able to see it in the first place.
I'd get a bright white light for her when you can, a CHE just wont do for a basking spot.

Hopefully she feels better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom