Tail rot? New owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm a new beardie owner. Owning a beardie has been something I've wanted since I was young and for my birthday my husband got everything on my wish list for this new baby that I have been waiting for the right time to get. We got him from Petco because I was in love how he was so chill.

Now he was in the middle of shedding when I got him a week and a few days ago. I think he is between 4-6 weeks.

I've brushed with a baby tooth brush and also soaked in betadine as well just in case. But I need other owners opinions.

does this look like tail rot?

This is two days ago
97418-3075138512.jpg
97418-8816738450.jpg

This is after Betadine and Neosporin this morning. 2-18-18
97418-8099504411.jpg
97418-5823582923.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks like maybe a nip from a tankmate. It doesn't look too bad at this point but I'd keep an eye on it. Look for the shriveled areas and very dark areas expanding up the tail which is a bad sign. If they stay the way they are then it isn't likely to cause a long term issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom