Is my dragon, um, dented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

picklet

Ferdinand has a distinct... dip? in his left side. The right side of his body makes a pretty smooth half circle, but the left side is a bit more uneven. Is this normal? His appetite is voracious and he seems pretty active, no signs of discomfort except for maybe a bit annoyed about his approaching shed, but I am terrified that the dip means his ribs are crushed or he's got some sort of impaction. We ordered new crickets sight unseen and what arrived was significantly larger than what he had been eating, but they're still smaller than the distance between his eyes. They just seem... crunchier than the last ones?

He's maybe 8.5 inches, 37 grams.

Picture of his dent:
full

Edit: It's not a matter of posture or position because it's visible no matter what he's doing. I don't think he had it when we first got him, but he was significantly skinnier.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's perfectly normal, lots of dragon will seem to have little lumps on their side at times. BTW, I like his sweater. :)

picklet

Original Poster
Ferdinand says his sweater is itchy and too small. :lol:

Thank you! I will be SO HAPPY when he's bigger and less... kill-able looking. It's like having a newborn baby again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom