Miscolored Scales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebulites

Hello! I've had my bearded dragon Wrathia for nearly 3 years now, and recently I noticed a dark, miscolored patch on her right claw. It's hard to the touch, and I'm anxious that it could be scale rot. Sorry for the low quality picture, but I really don't know what else to do here. It's much more noticeably darker in person.
84094-4890954704.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it doesn't look like anything serious. They do get blemishes + bumps from time to time that can seem alarming though. Have you tried gently scrubbing it with a toothbrush ? Do so with a watery mix of betadine [ mix with water until it's the color of iced tea ] But again, it does not look serious and your girl should be fine. :)

nebulites

Original Poster
AHBD":8encv0y8 said:
Hi there, it doesn't look like anything serious. They do get blemishes + bumps from time to time that can seem alarming though. Have you tried gently scrubbing it with a toothbrush ? Do so with a watery mix of betadine [ mix with water until it's the color of iced tea ] But again, it does not look serious and your girl should be fine. :)
Ahh thank you ;; I don't really have an extra toothbrush just for her just yet, but I'll try and find one ASAP! I just worry about her a lot haha,, Here's to hoping she'll stay still long enough for me to try and scrub it!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I always have a few extra cheap ones wherever I find them on sale. And I wouldn't even worry about using betadine at first, just a warm bath . The way I clean my beardies if they need it is to just gently stroke in a downward motion while they are in the water, they don't even know they're being " scrubbed. "

My beardie has several of those, a few spots scattered on her belly, tail, and one on her arm. One on her tail even made her flinch when I touched it. I took her to the vet also worrying about scale rot, but the vet said it was fine. Sometimes it can also just be temporary caused by an improper shed (which is the one on her tail--it healed back fine). She's had these spots for months, a few for a year+ and they haven't done anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom