Beardie Sleeping on Wall/Not Growing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArticZMSZ

Hiya! I've had my bearded dragon, Mike, for, what I can't believe, is two months now! Sadly, though, he hasn't really been growing. He eats fine, he's about 8 inches long and about 1 wide, i'd say he's maybe 3 months old, the store didn't provide a birth date. Problem is, he's been 8 inches long since I got him. My main thought was maybe it's what he basks on. He has this tree, https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/all-living-things-bonsai-reptile-ornament-14753.html?cgid=500116
It's a bit bigger than that one, but I couldn't find it.
He sits either ontop of that, or on the wall under the heat lamp that he can climb. He also doesn't sleep inside his hide, either ontop of the tree or on the wall. The tank is about 36x12x12, can't remember exactly, not home at the moment. There's cardboard on the left and right sides to prevent his reflection, and he eats superworms (I personally think they work fine, as he seems happy with them, opinions may differ)
I just don't know either if he SHOULD be growing, or shouldn't.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. In order to help can you give a rundown of the set up? Or post pictures of him and the enclosure?

ArticZMSZ

Original Poster
destiny1998":2wngtmh1 said:
Hi. In order to help can you give a rundown of the set up? Or post pictures of him and the enclosure?
I'm not home until late today, but I can get them up, sure.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Need to know

Feeding schedule
Diet , how many and sort of insects and their size
DAY TIME temperatures in it's tank
HOW did you measure these temperatures / with what ?
FULL INFO on the UV SOURCE
-- BRAND ?
-- Wattage ?
-- Compact globe ? or tube , if A tube is it a T8 or a T5HO ?
-- HOW & WHERE in relation the lid and basking spot is it mounted ?
-- in a reflector dome or a reflector hood ?
WHEN are the lights and heat turned on then off each day ?
Cohabitation with it's sibling or another beardie or lizard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom