Metallic Poop Smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy01

I just found out that poop smell can be an indicator of health so maybe I'm just paranoid but I swear Nazars poop has been smelling very very strongly of metal, like snorting lines of a crushed up magnet. She's been very active and seems to like running laps around her tank when she wakes up to make sure I haven't fed her while she was asleep (Like she's hunting and looking for them) ever since she realized she got a 40 gallon. She gets fed crickets but there's not a set amount I just dump them in and stop when she decides she's full enough bask and digest them. She poops once a day and they are pretty good poops if I do say so myself, there's no blood in it at all which is why I think I might be paranoid about messing up but I figured I'd better check anyway.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type of foods/gut load are you feeding the crickets?
Which vitamins & other supplementation do you give to your girl?
This can definitely be food or supplement related, as well as a parasite or worm issue.
You could get a fecal done on her, just to test & see if she does have anything going on
with her. Is she losing any weight or maintaining her weight right now?

Tracie

Killjoy01

Original Poster
Drache613":hj2xesmx said:
Hello,

This can definitely be food or supplement related, as well as a parasite or worm issue.
You could get a fecal done on her, just to test & see if she does have anything going on

Tracie
She's still growing. The crickets are fed little orange cubes and I think they're sweet potatoes from the fulkers farm?

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Killjoy01":fon7ulyz said:
Drache613":fon7ulyz said:
Hello,

Tracie
She's still growing. The crickets are fed little orange cubes and I think they're sweet potatoes from the fulkers farm?

I wouldn't be feeding any commercial "insect feeds" to your live feeder insects at all, only feed your live feeder insects the same things that you feed your dragon, and never feed them anything that you would be afraid to feed your dragon. All of those "Insect Feeds" and especially the "Cricket Quenchers" are not only unnecessary, but just money makers. Actually, just an FYI, any of the "Cricket Quenchers" or the "hydration gels" are the same stuff that people put in their potted plants over the winter to keep them hydrated. It's dangerous stuff that dragons have gotten extremely sick from eating directly. So this could very well be your culprit, it's definitely a waste of your money.

Feed your crickets the same fresh greens/veggies/fruits you offer your dragon. Putting in a couple of slices of potatoes or apples in with them will keep them hydrated. Remember, you're feeding your dragon everything you're feeding his insects, and so you want to gut-load them with only the things you feed your dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom