Possible impaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camhabit

Hi, recently I fed Baby some super worms, I am trying to find a good staple food and figured I'd give them a try... I have only had her for about 1 week also. I let her eat as many as she wanted (25) and I am worried about compaction as I was reading they can block her up...btw she is 16in long.

And also, if someone doesn't mind telling me how much insects I should feed her a week? Like number wise... and I was wondering if I could use them as a staple if I balance it out with calc powder.

Thanks in advance.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
If she has a hard time going to the bathroom then she could possibly be impacted.

Superworms are not a staple, those are treats for only adult beardies and only should be given once a week and 2-4 at most per feeding because of the horrible nutrition and the fact they can cause fatty liver disease if fed too much. Same with mealworms, these basically are entirely useless and only cause problems. I try to only offer them once every other week or twice every two weeks for both of them.

Dubia roaches, calciworms, silkworms, crickets, red runners/turkish roaches are the most common staple feeders.

As for amount of insects usually 10-20 each feeding for staple feeders and only 2-4 treat feeders.
For a general feeding according to age i go by this.
1-4 months 3 times a day 10-20 bugs each feeding, 4-12 months twice a day 10-20 bugs each feeding, 12-20 months once a day with 10-20 bugs each feeding, and then around 20 months every other day or 2-3 times a week with 10-20 bugs each feeding.
And of course salads offered daily.
Calcium should be dusted on all insects 5 times a week, multivitamins used twice a week on insects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom