Suggestions on removing nose plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elainagy

95920-8923702472.jpg

This is my big guy while eating. This nose plug has been there for about 3 months. When I first noticed it I tried to use a wet toothbrush to help loosen it but he snapped at me for going near his face. However, today he let me try for about 10-15 mins just lightly rubbing on his nostril to loosen the plug. I wasn’t able to get it to do more then bubble up. Since he snapped at me I am nervous to try to scrap my fingernail on it... but it is clearly just a piece still attached at the beginning of his nostril. I have not to grab out though if I use tweezers u less I pull at the piece attached.

I read to add some oil on it but any other suggestions, since it’s been so long do you think it is ok to try to remove it? I don’t want to injure him so I haven’t... he is completely normal eating and what not... no funny sounds at all breathing perfect. Since it is both nostrils though... I’d love to get them you.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Leave the nose shed (nose plugs) be, the dragon will deal with them of it's accord by scratching it's nose with it's nails and by rubbing it on hard /rough textured stuff in it's viv and when out on the floor.

Elainagy

Original Poster
Okay, you don’t think it’s an issue hey have both been in there so long? At least 3 months.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Elainagy":1p2agfzw said:
Okay, you don’t think it’s an issue hey have both been in there so long? At least 3 months.

No, they will eventually come out with another shed.

Removing them can cause more problems that they are causing to the dragon when left alone because the tissues in the nasal passages and sinuses are very delicate and easily damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom