Brumation- poop and lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is in brumation, she wakes up from time to time, and has eaten but has not pooped in about a week now. Do I disturb her and put her in a bath to get her to poop or just leave her alone??

Also, do I turn off her lights or do I keep them off. I have heard and been told to do both so I don’t know what would be best for her, thank you

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If I see my guy awake I take him out and weigh him and offer some water. If he becomes active a bit I offer a little bit of food for him to take if he wants it. His appetite is down though since brumation triggers a slowdown of metabolism. It's common for them to poop much less frequently because of this. I'd say because of this, take her out when she's awake and give her a chance to poop if she needs to, but don't force it with a bath. I suggest leaving your lights on a normal schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom