Watery Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakai

Hi, i know everyone has gone through the topic again and again but i just needed to be sure.. So ive been feeding my darling butternut squash everyday and he eats a lot of em, like really lots. And his poop ended up like tat.
92108-6088323840.jpg
Hes been havin watery poop for a few times but the previous time was a bit better only to end up watery like that again. Aside from watery poop hes eating well and active. I know that either too much veggie or parasites are usually the culprit for watery poop but i was just wonderin if butternut squash could cause somethin like that too. His temperatures are all fine if any of you are wondering. Is there any action i could take for the time being? Thank you for your time?

Sakai

Original Poster
AHBD":1qe41kth said:
Hi there, yes the squash can cause the squishy poo so that's probably the culprit. :)

Oh i see! Welp, thats good to know! So should i stop feeding him veggies for now? If so for how long? Thanks so much again!?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You might just give him a smaller amount and see if that helps. What else do you feed him ? Leafy greens like turnip, mustard, collard, endive, dandelion are all great staple veggies. You might mix a small amount of squash chopped up in with those types of greens.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hi, Definitely the squash and if you feed zucchini will make poop very watery. I gave some to my beardie and he had very watery poops. I have been holding off for a bit to make sure that was the culprit and it was, so if you do feed squash make sure to feed tiny bits of it :D

Sakai

Original Poster
AHBD":375jase7 said:
You might just give him a smaller amount and see if that helps. What else do you feed him ? Leafy greens like turnip, mustard, collard, endive, dandelion are all great staple veggies. You might mix a small amount of squash chopped up in with those types of greens.

I see. I usually feed him bok choy, wild rockets and gai lan as i cant find the staple vegetables listed. I guess those are kinda rare here in my country. I do mix it with other veggies but i guess i gave him too much butternut. When i saw it was listed as a staple food i got a bit excited when i bought one for the 1st time? (You dont come across them often here) So yea, ill be more careful next time and guess ill cut off them butternut for the time being, see how it goes. Thx agn?

Sakai

Original Poster
Reptilelady":35tvq6uq said:
Hi, Definitely the squash and if you feed zucchini will make poop very watery. I gave some to my beardie and he had very watery poops. I have been holding off for a bit to make sure that was the culprit and it was, so if you do feed squash make sure to feed tiny bits of it :D

Noted! Thanks for the insight.? Oh, my boy pooped agn 2day and there seems to be a bit of squash in it.
92108-1426053071.jpg
I was a bit surprised as i havent been feeding him squash for 2 days? Should i be concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom