My bearded dragon will not eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormyskies

Hi I'm new here and have been having trouble with my little dragon. He will not eat his small crickets and has only taken about two wax worms from me and will not eat any muleworms. Same goes for his greens. I don't know what to do for him he started patchy shedding ( alittle under his mouth and front legs) this morning and is still active. Any help? Anything I could do to get him to eat? I have another dragon and he's eating perfectly fine. Never had any problems with him but this one I couldn't leave to sit in petsmart. They where not able to give me much info on him considering I bought him the day he came in. Help?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long have you had your dragon?
The youngsters are not always the best at eating their greens or veggies!
Which insects have you tried for him & are they appropriately sized for him?
I would suggest the phoenix or calcium worms, he would likely really like those. The mealworms
are "ok" as a treat, but, not as a staple though. Small silkworms are terrific also. Have you tried
small crickets & dubias too?
Are you using a good UVB light & supplementation for him?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
This is a good way to work out why your dragon is not eating : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=236150&p=1815390#p1815390

If you work through my cheatsheet methodically it will help you tweek your husbandry and make any necessary changes :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234738&p=1806050#p1806050

Usually this is due to :
>>>> poor UV lighting (inadequate UVA & UVB due to poor globe or tube, not a 10%UVB or higher rated globe or tube, too far away , ontop of a very fine mesh lid , or glass lid , tube is covered (in a domestic T8 or T5HO fitting))
>>>> too cold
>>>> too hot
>>>> stressed by other animals
>>>> impacted
>>>> sick
>>>> dominated
and
>>> if you only just brought the little hatchling home , they can be stressed by the relocation and all the chances (this usually settles inside a week if everything else is good).

Feeders & feeding schedule see this :
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=234999&p=1807834#p1807834
and my cheatsheet for guidance based on the dragon's age and size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom