Underweight bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllisonV

I'm new to the bearded dragon but have always had a love form them. I got a bearded dragon about a month ago from petco. I have no idea how old it is but I measured it today and it is 7 inches long from tip of tail to snout. I also weighted it using one of my science three beam balances, it is my classroom pet. It weights 10.5 grams. Now another thing is I have another bearded dragon in the tank with it Hand the other one you can tell it has grown since we have had it. Now I know people say to only get one, but I have also seen that people have gotten two and they were fine. So I am playing a gambling game with them. If worse case scenario is, that my bearded dragons can't live together I have a spare tank to put it in but I don't want to have to do this unless I absolutely have to, because it is currently being used for a different animal, but if need be we can fix their old cage so I can have the tank. Since I'm a teacher I wouldn't be able to feed it three times a day like I do here at school. I do feed them three times a day of crickets. I have a cricket keeper that i bring from home and shake out whatever crickets have climbed into the tube. I also feed them a few meal worms a day, a small pinch of kelp, a small pinch of broccoli, and 3 small pieces of cut up peaches. They live in a 50 gallon tank as well. I would appreciate it if people would just help me on figuring out if my bearded dragon is underweight or if he is okay, and this only. Today when I dropped a meal worm in front of it, it ate it, but after that it didn't care too much for anymore that I lay out.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Unfortunately, you will need to house them separately.
Most of the time, they just don't do well together. It is too much of a risk that something
will happen. If you weren't there & they got in a fight, you might come back to one being
dead or severely injured.
Do you know if they are both male, both female or a male & female?
Many times when keeping more than one in a tank, the other one will get dominated &
wont get enough food or basking area & usually will become ill. If they are stressed, they
wont eat.
We would need to see pictures to determine if he is underweight, or not.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom