Morning cuddles

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWINKLET4

Hi there :)

So I'm still very much trying to bond with my 5 month old babe, and I have read a lot about people taking advantage of the time in the morning before they have warmed up, to handle and bond. I'm thinking of getting him out for a little ten minute snuggle in bed with me before plugging him in to charge up for the day ( it does feel like he's a mobile phone sometimes!)
Is this a bad idea? And is it likely he would pooh on me? He usually goes in the two hour warm up time before he's fed, but I wondered if they need to warm up before they go. I cannot deal with THAT pooh on me/in my bed. We've had no problems so far as he's pretty regular.
Anyway, can I take him out first thing and snuggle with him on my skin - it's kind of warming him up right? Please say yes, although I imagine it's going to be a big, no no...?

Mysty

Juvie Member
In the evening before bed may be better as he may not be too happy with being taken out when feeling cold.

That then has the benefit of poop already have happened during the day.

TWINKLET4

Original Poster
Oh, okay. I already get him out to snuggle in a warm fleece half an hour after lights out. I read that this is a good idea as they love the little bit of warmth after the heat in the viv is off, but I'm guessing now that, that's a bad idea too.
Thanks for your help Mysty!

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
I don't think it's a bad idea to snuggle them up in a towel or blanket after lights out, as long as it's not for hours. I cuddle with my girl for a half hour after lights out, and for some extra warmth, I usually burrito her up in a towel. She loves it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom