Bathing while shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWINKLET4

Hi there, my five month old dragon is having a 'major' shed, so I'm told. Please excuse me if I am using the wrong terminology, I'm new to all this. It looks like he's shedding on his head and body and a couple of legs and part of his tail, and I understand they usually only shed a small area at one time. He looks very unhappy with lots of really alarming looking stress marks quite a lot of the time. The temps are all fine I've checked. He is eating and pooing well.
Even though he seems to hate being in the bath, the stress marks seem to disappear when he's in there. Would it be able to give him a soak in the bath every day at the moment? And if so, for how long? It's horrible seeing him like this, but looking forward to see the end result :) also, how long, roughly should this process take?
Thanks in advance for any help given !

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Mystic hates baths too. I had to give him quite a few baths 3 days in a row. Just enough to to soften up the dry skin. I also used a very soft toothbrush to help some of the shed. Dried him off & put him under the basking bulbs. He was using his rear foot and scratching himself like a dog before the baths. He is happy that the shed is over with.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
An option if a luke warm bath (33degCelsius is what I get the water temperature to) is stressing your beardie.

You can also get a piece clean absorbant kitchen paper towel, soak it in water and place this on the stubborn bit of shed , leave it there for 10 mins or so with regular sprays of luke warm water to keep it soggy but warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom