Help! Tail rot? How severe does she look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon has been acting sick, looking rough, not eating the past 2-3 days.

Her tail was twisted when I bought her, the owner said the other dragons she roomated with nipped it but she's been amazing since we got her until 2-3 days ago. I've had her around 6 months, too.

I gave her a good soaking yesterday despite her looking dry. And she cleaned out her bowels then.

here is the pic:

tumblr_ooxjywQVz91w8rospo1_1280.jpg

I cannot track down an exotics reptile vet locally right now! I need opinions then do I look harder?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, if the tail was like that when you got her, then it might be just a kinked tail possibly a birth defect since most biting results in wounds rather than kinks. Can you post a close up of the tail ? I don't think it's related to her change in behavior, something else may be. In what way is she acting sick ? Can you post a pic of her set up, including the exact type + brand of lights you use ? It might have more to do with lighting + temps.

Some females stop eating when they are carrying eggs, so that's possible too.

HerpRAddict

Original Poster
I will get a close up of the tail tonight, it's gotten harder than before is all I can say but the shape is the same. Color may be darker.

The setup is a 50 gallon (36x18x18) Exo Terra.
The basking dome has a Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamp (100w) in it.
The UVB is a Repti=Sun 10.0 18" tube in an 18 inch fixture.

tumblr_ooxlhyBe0o1w8rospo1_1280.jpg

I felt under her didn't notice bumps for eggs??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sometimes infertile eggs can't be felt. As for her light, is it mounted inside or outside of the tank ? You'll need it to be within 10" of her basking area with the Reptisun 10.0 t8 for her to receive adequate uvb. If not, she could become sluggish....but 2 days without eating is not really a big deal, sometimes they just aren't hungry . I would recommend a large basking branch that goes up higher + covers more of the cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom