Should I be worried?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbolin

So I'm not extremely new to owning reptiles but Smaug IS the first baby bearded dragon I've owned. Today is the third day I've had Smaug and he eats very few crickets (5-8) a day and he has yet to poop! He's just over 4 weeks old btw, and I want to make sure he grows up big, happy, and healthy. He's come from a legitimate breeder (I was able to examine is enclosures and even hold his parents). I picked Smaug because he was the biggest and most active, yet ever since we got home, he's slowed down a lot. I know for certain my lighting is optimal, and his enclosure is much bigger than his last that he shared with 20 others. I've given him 2 baths a day and rubbed his belly trying to get him to poop but to no avail. I offer him fresh veggies all day, however he doesn't as much as look at them. He gets put in his feeding enclosure and offered as many crickets as he'll eat 3 times daily, however he only eats during is last feeding at night, and not as much as I'd expect. Should I be worried, or is this normal behavior for a 4 week old beardie? The minimal eating and NO pooping is really starting to scare me.
91872-2239671387.jpg

JessW

It's most likely relocation stress. When I brought mine home, he/she ate very little (like 1-3 crickets) for the first few days, and is now eating 50+ bsfl and roaches a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom