Help! Agitated Bearded Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandler1714

Hi, so to begin, ill admit that I am not the most phenomenal owner. With that out of the way, my question is - I have had my bearded dragon for about a year now. We got him at an older age of 6. I was feeding him veggies and all the proper nutrition for a while at first. But even after a while of attempting to bond with my lizard, my beardie never got used to me and did not wanted to be held. Soon I accepted that he didnt like being touched, and I stopped giving him as much attention and I didnt do so well as an owner. It was like that for a few months. After some reconciliation and a bit of maturing, I've taken the initiative to do better with him. I redid his cage and have been feeding him more. My only issue, is that in the gap where I wasnt so great, we did little bonding apart from me putting food into his cup. Now I'm stuck with a lizard that doesn't like being held when I really want to play with him. Everytime I try, he gets squirmy, and agitated then usually poops on me. How should I go about dealing with him, and second of all are there any additional things that I should do with him? I'm trying really hard, and at this point am open to trying anything.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Awe, poor little dragon!!! To get him to relax so you can hold him, take him out, right before lights out (when he's ready to sleep) and wrap him in a little blanket and, talk to him softly till he goes to sleep, they really like this! Once he gets used to that he won't mind cuddling with you any time. He has to learn to trust you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom