Bearded dragon eye issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarraCheroni

My bearded dragon (Rock is his name) has recently had some eye troubles. I've done some research already and narrowed it down to two things. He could be blind, or he has an eye infection. Rock's health doesn't seem affected other than this. His right pupil is small, and doesn't react to light changes, as his left does. This eye is also slightly cloudy. His "healthy" eye reacts to light normally and is clear of any cloudiness. He doesn't seem to be able to see from his right eye, and will only go after food if its in front of his left (good) eye. I had found a bit of food in his right eye the other day and rinsed it out in a bath. I'm wondering if he is blind in that eye or has an infection and I should be worried. I want to get as much info as I can before taking Rock to the vet. He is eight years old and has a bone disease that I am treating. His bulb is 75 watts. Rock's diet includes super worms, crickets and greens. Thank you for your time!

-Karra

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Do you have a uvb light? If so what kind? Does his eye look irritated? So he have any loose substrate? You can try diluted raw unpasteurized honey on it.

KarraCheroni

Original Poster
He has a UVB, yes. Not sure what brand however. I usually get whats available at the pet store. No subtrate. Eye looks normal other than the pupil and cloudiness. Ill look into the honey thing. Thank you!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Thanks for answering. If the uvb light is a coil/ compact then that is more than likely the problem. A reptisun 10.0 long tube is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom