*UPDATE*PLEASE DONT DO THIS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to the dragon world but I still know better! This is what I saw yesterday and jumped the store employee over.
91657-6858585276.jpg
You can see the bigger guy in the corner of the pic and if u zoom in, this little baby is walking on nubs from where the larger is eating him. Its so sad and if I'm not mistaken (bare with me I'm new) this poor baby will grow up always walking on nubs. His little toes won't come back. And if that dumb guy didn't take care of the situation that little baby may not grow up or may grow up missing more. This was at "Bubbas Pet Emporium" in johns creek, ga. So sad even some "animal lovers" can let this happen. They claimed the pair came to them like that (in the same tank) and they are rescues from an owner who purchased from pet smart. The poor rescues are still not rescued sitting in the same tank and that's exactly what I told him.
Of course I was told it would be taken care asap but nothing happened for the rest of the 20 mins I was there. I will definitely be calling today.

*UPDATE*
So I called back today asking as a volunteer and if they needed help and would like us to take the baby off their hands and treat its condition........ I was told, by the same guy yesterday, (who told me the whole story about their breeder taking them) A CUSTOMER who rescues beardies took him and they no longer have him. So sad. Pray for best for him. (Hopefully he's in better hands now)

BubbaAndJane

Original Poster
Anyone who would like to call and let them know how dangerous this is please feel free. I hope they have already re-housed him but from the info I got from just now calling, the lady that answered doesn't think its happening BC of the big guy. Anyways, phone number for the jerks. Lol.
Bubba pet emporium
(888) 989-8871
They only have the two dragons in the tank and one other. So they will know exactly which baby ur talking about.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
If they do not act, you can always report it to an animal rights group, or threaten them that this will be reported, however this may cause them to remove the animal and put it down/get rid of it in an inhumane manner to get rid of the evidence.

If I were you, and I am unsure if you have the means to, but I would demand they give you ownership of that poor little guy for free. He would be difficult to sell in that condition, if at all, so the store lost their profit on him already.

It's really unfortunate and he looks super sweet, but this shows exactly why we ask people to separate their dragons regardless of age. These things happen way too often. Fortunately he should recover from his wounds, assuming they have not gotten infected.

BubbaAndJane

Original Poster
traildrifterphalanx":28o169po said:
If they do not act, you can always report it to an animal rights group, or threaten them that this will be reported, however this may cause them to remove the animal and put it down/get rid of it in an inhumane manner to get rid of the evidence.

If I were you, and I am unsure if you have the means to, but I would demand they give you ownership of that poor little guy for free. He would be difficult to sell in that condition, if at all, so the store lost their profit on him already.

It's really unfortunate and he looks super sweet, but this shows exactly why we ask people to separate their dragons regardless of age. These things happen way too often. Fortunately he should recover from his wounds, assuming they have not gotten infected.

I basically jumped the guys ass yesterday and demanded a price on him but he kept telling me both of them were rescues and being rehomed with their breeder. Hopefully all that was truthful but he refused to sell the little guy and assured me he would take care of the housing asap.
We had actually made a day out of taking a trip to check out a few shops BC none are around our house and this was the first one we checked out. So I don't know for sure the situations of the little guy right now and I can't just drive down the street to go check on him but if I went back and the situation still the same, (I know he would be worse) I'd lose it.

BubbaAndJane

Original Poster
Gormagon":3s5vp66i said:
All this and horrendous living conditions! These people have no business taking in rescues.

And they've been in business for a while I believe. All the poor animals there looked miserable. None were active not even the rabbits or guinea pigs. I almost cried when we saw that little guy.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
If they were taken as rescues, is it possible the damage occurred before they were in their care? Regardless, it sounds like they don't take great care of their animals, but let's hope there's some truth to what the employee told you

BubbaAndJane

Original Poster
That's all I can do is try to believe the guy but after he's given me a few different stories now I can't help but to worry. I hate being sensitive! Lol. And I don't think they know much about the bearded dragons. He kept trying to tell me at first it wasn't caused by the big guy but I told the dude if he doesn't seperate them the little guy could get ate. I don't think he believed too much.

KozmoRox

Bubbas Pet Emporium is a local store where I live, and I have been in there several times and have purchased many things for Kozmo, including feeders. I have always found their animals to be healthy and "happy" (I can only assume :lol: ). The owner actually takes in rescues of all kinds(birds dogs bunnies, etc...), pets who have been neglected and left by their owners, many of who have been left in poor physical condition, missing feathers or appendages, as the beardie was. She cares for animals that many others would not be willing to take.

I was in there this morning and spoke to the owner about this current incident and the beardies have been re-homed. She explained how she received them and how quickly they found a home for them. There are always two sides to every story. She has always been informative and very helpful with me and I have never seen signs of abuse or neglect with any of their animals. I thought it fair to give my two-cents, since she's not here to speak for herself.

BubbaAndJane

Original Poster
KozmoRox":3h65gu3f said:
Bubbas Pet Emporium is a local store where I live, and I have been in there several times and have purchased many things for Kozmo, including feeders. I have always found their animals to be healthy and "happy" (I can only assume :lol: ). The owner actually takes in rescues of all kinds(birds dogs bunnies, etc...), pets who have been neglected and left by their owners, many of who have been left in poor physical condition, missing feathers or appendages, as the beardie was. She cares for animals that many others would not be willing to take.

I was in there this morning and spoke to the owner about this current incident and the beardies have been re-homed. She explained how she received them and how quickly they found a home for them. There are always two sides to every story. She has always been informative and very helpful with me and I have never seen signs of abuse or neglect with any of their animals. I thought it fair to give my two-cents, since she's not here to speak for herself.

We never saw but a younger woman in the store and she went to the back when i pulled the guy to the side. I hope there's a more responsible owner that runs the place and being that they only had one other larger adult beardie I don't know if they deal with them often. In the few different stories I was told when I checked back, I was told a customer took them, instead of their breeder like I was first told, which kind of upset me at first, being I offered cash and would have liked to have removed him quicker (than the 2 days they had him) from the situation the little was housed in (probably would have been over my head with his conditions) but hopefully the new owner is knowledgeable and the little wasn't put down or gotten rid of.
I've heard of even the pets arts and petcos taking in rescues but I couldn't agree with the fact that SIMPLE but life-saving precautions were not taken immediately by a "pet shop" who more than had the means to do so.
To me, the situation was neglect (most likely by the previous owner) but neglect continued until someone else rehomed? I sure hope not BC like I posted earlier I could not just drive back to check and the guy said he would take care of it asap but made no effort the rest of time we were there.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
KozmoRox":25g7qevh said:

What concerns me is that the original poster offered to buy the little one 2 days prior to it being sold to another customer. OP was told a breeder was taking them but, was lied to by management. So the little dragon stayed for two more days if in fact it WAS sold. Once a person lies to me, I find it hard to believe anything they have to say. I understand your loyalty and, I commend you for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom