Beardie is forcing exhalation, help explain please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewolf13779

Hello this is my first time posting. But into the more pressing matter.
My bearded dragon was fine when I first got home at 3:20 (MT) then I had to go to an appointment when I got home at 7:40 he was forcing exhalation. His beard is black, it's not usually black, and when he is exhaling air he looks up at the light. I've read up some whike trying to figure out what it is. I'm really hoping it isn't a respiratory infection. Some info on the dragon. He is about 2 years old and fully grown (I actually don't know the gender I'm guessing).
I have rembered that I was sick last week and I did have a humidifier in my room but it was as far away as could. I really hope it isn't and RI. Please help I'm really worried I don't want to lose another dragon.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, is he still doing it ? If so then it probably is a respiratory infection. What are your exact temps. in the tank, day + night ? Keep his temp. at about 80 overnight [ use a ceramic heat emitter so there's no light to disturb his sleep ] He might beat it if you've caught it quickly. If it continues you should find an experienced reptile vet to have a look at him. Hopefully he'll get over it quickly. :)

And here's an easy way to sex a beardie.:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209431

Or just post a pic here with his/her tail arched up like that.

ewolf13779

Original Poster
Thanks for your response. He has stopped doing it now. He coughed after a while, so I think it might have been something lodged in his mouth because he's fine and eating well. His night temperature us about 79 farenheit we put a space heater to warm up the room. I haven't gotten his day tempera ture yet. Also I do have a heat emitter light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom