Beardie Stopped Eating, Crazy, Sleeping outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silerat

Hello, a two months ago, my bearded dragon wake up after brumation, but a month ago she stop eating and always want out of cage. She going to crazy and scratching window. When i take her outside, she looking dark and cold place, and sleeping. I no have idea whats going on.. Trying change different food, lights and etc..
She is about 1.5 year
UVB 10.0 T8 Reptisun 18"
40 Gal tank
Cold side 78 - 80F
Other side ~90F
Basking ~95+ F
i make short video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg7WJ3jvprM
Any ideas? Thank you

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, she looks very healthy there but you may want to get a fecal test done to check for parasites. But this time of year some dragons become restless because it's the breeding season so they can have a sort of " spring fever".

I might suggest getting a basking log , beardies like being able to climb.

Silerat

Original Poster
Thank you for answer!
Now about fecal test.. She not pooping anymore because not eating, sometimes just peeing when she drinks water
What to do now, just ignore her, or let her outside to sleep for while? Just hard to watch when she running around cage and climbing on walls
Basking log she have before, i get new one soon 8)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have a safe place outside of the tank for her to roam around and burn off some steam? Just put her back when she settles down or perhaps set up a portable basking spot for her. As far as food goes, just keep offering and let her pick at it when she feels ready. Once you can get a decent sample it would be worth a check but as long as she's so active it's probably best to be patient for now.

Silerat

Original Poster
Ok, now problem is.. She refusing to bask, after 10 mins or so she want out, and when she coming out of the terrarium, she run in cold place and start sleeping immediately..
Maybe she want go in to brumation? But.. she wake up from brumation ~2 months+ ago.. :?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did you set up a portable basking station for her outside the tank? It may take a little while for her to remember it but she should eventually train herself to return to it when she gets cold. Sometimes she will slink off and have a nap too though. My guy still does that sometimes. If it's daytime I just pull him out and put him in the window or under one of his lights and he perks back up.

Silerat

Original Poster
Okay, i ll try do my best.. but she refuse stay warm, when she get warm, then immediately freaks out and looking for cold spot.. maybe she have pain somewhere? And trying stay cold, cold body maybe works how anesthesia?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think that's the case. Sometimes they just want to curl up in a cozy dark place for a nap. When they are in pain they often show a jet black beard and act lethargic, although they are good at hiding it up to a certain point. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Silerat

Original Poster
thank you very much for your answers ! Just its my first BD and i love her so much
Today she sleep in her box all day
P.S
I saw she head bobbing, so yes it's very possible is "Spring fever" :)
Put her near window works very well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom