Hydration???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Can I please get some opinions on how often I should give my 15 week old a bath, as well as how often I should drip water on his nose (with a feeding syringe) for him to drink? I don't keep a water dish due to bacteria/ humidity. Also he's not been eating any veggies at all, so he loses out on that as a water source.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I raised a lot of babies, hydration was by spraying them daily. You can do the drip method or the gentle spraying of the dragon right in the tank as long as you don't get the tank really wet. Spray a gentle stream directly on the head and most beardies will drink. They drink less as they get bigger, my adults drink that way about every 5-10 days. I don't bathe them unless they're dirty.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I heard two baths a week was good, and won't sprayimg cause humidity? And if I drip, is it safe to say if he drinks he needs it?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I offer by drip every 1-3 days - if he's thirsty he drinks if not i get a good glare for my effort. If you change/clean the water daily and the dish is small and on the cool side humidity/bacteria won't be a problem. With spraying if you cage has decent ventilation the humidity will only go up until the water evaporates and the humid air escape - realistically a little bit of over spray won't cause long term humidity increase. No baths here either.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I use a plastic eye dropper to give him water every couple of days. Mystic really does not like baths, so it's been months since he has had one. He gets out to run around a lot. He is 2 years old, does not like pooping in his tank, he has his spot in the kitchen on the linoleum floor.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Another question, at 15 weeks, is it ok to feed 2-3 times a day? Or just two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom