No poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
So, I realize two days may not be a huge concern, but my 14 week old beardie didn't poop yesterday and hasn't yet today. I gave him a bath yesterday just for hydration, (at 92 degrees) but should I give him another? And can I go warmer? And is there anything else I can do?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
It's probably not time to be alarmed just yet. If he is acting normal then I probably wouldn't worry about it. You could give him a drop or two of olive oil if he doesn't go in the next day or so.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for suggesting. He pooped. It was a bit soft though. Not soupy, just soft. Is that a sign of dehydration? Or could stress cause it. Or can it just happen for no reason

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Also he's not eating his greens. He will eat fruit though. But i heard fruit should only bee once a week. I currently give him super worms , crickets, JUST got some roaches today. I TRY to give him collard and dandelion greens, I give him blueberries, raspberries, sweet potatoe... any ideas on what else i should add? Also do you agree with "give them as many bugs as they'll eat in a 10-15 minute period? He ate 16 roaches tonight. It just seems like a lot for a little guy. He's 14 weeks. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
It could mean he's pretty hydrated, maybe he didn't digest well at some point or it could be nothing. I would just watch out for if it gets consistent. If you've had him more than 2 weeks then it's always a good idea to get a fecal done and then yearly after that unless you are having problems.

..and please always ask questions, many questions! I wouldn't worry about greens so much at his age. Maybe in a couple months he'll be more interested. You could put worms in his salad and he might accidentally eat some. Fruit should be a treat only but papaya you could give more often. You can mix some fruit in the veggies too on days you offer it. Keep offering the veggies though. I very much do agree with letting him eat as much as he wants. Sometimes I leave roaches in a bowl all day long. If he starts throwing up from eating too much too fast then I would feed him slower. A few at a time instead of all at once. I wouldn't worry about it until then. They can eat a lot that's for sure. He will hopefully get big faster.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I've had him a week tomorrow. And the breeder I got him from seemed pretty confident he's very healthy. However i really don't feel comfortable "leaving bugs in his tank" only because he actually did throw up a few days ago. I got him on Saturday, that night I gave him a few super worms and blueberries. The next morning i put about 5 or 6 super worms in a dish and he leaned into the dish (his belly was kinda squishing against the rim of it, didn't realize it would be so awkward for him) and DEVOURED them. When I got home from work there was undigested worms and "red" blueberries everywhere. But he's also been pretty stressed with the new home and all. I know it was probably a combination of fast eating and stress or whatever but, that's why I got a bit concerned with no poop yesterday and almost no poop today but then runny poop. I know you mentioned pappya, but as I was wondering before, is there any other foods i could/ should add to his diet?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Here is a link to a very resourceful list of foods listing good ones and bad ones and reasons why.
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Also you really don't want to feed superworms too much. Their exoskeleton is hard for the young ones to digest and could cause impaction. I suggest roaches and BSFL. This is where I get my BSFL from. They are quick to ship, the worms seem healthy and cheapest I've seen. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Symton-Feeding-Grade-Live-Black-Soldier-Fly-Larvae-BSFL-/262786253424?var=561775256348&hash=item3d2f480270:m

If you find freshly molted supers then I would feed him those. It's really best to wait till your BD is at least 16".

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wow I didn't know that, the breeder was giving him supers. But good to know. What are BSFL?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Black soldier fly larvae. Great as a staple. High in calcium. They say you don't need to dust them. Basically a type of maggot but really good for them especially young ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom