Dramatic shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Hi All!

Just curious, does anyone else get such severe color change when they go into shed? He seems to do his head and torso, then his legs and tail, one after the other. First he's wearing a sleeveless hoodie, then all stockings... :lol: But the color change is crazy! Is it just because his normal color is so vivid?

If anyone else has crazy shed pictures, I'd love to see 'em... Thanks!!

89627-3541208580.jpg
89627-7638978199.jpg

that does look super dramatic! (and really...really cool!)

I didn't even know mine was shedding until he started to peel o.o!

I just thought he was light grey when I got him. Turns out he's actually quite brown underneath there.

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD- Haha! Those are great! My guy did right around his mouth like that, too! So weird, glad he's not the only one. Your little guys are beautiful, by the way! :)

Glasses- I know, right? He was really dull when I brought him home, I was about to be really upset with the breeder for photo-shopping his sale picture! Then he got nice and bright when it came off, but then the legs started... People kept asking me what the heck kind of lizard he was with totally different colored legs!

I wonder what makes certain bits shed like that? Not like the snake, he goes full monty every time. :lol: Their bodies can't be growing that unevenly, can they...? Hmm, new research project. Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom