Teeth stain? New update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Well Basil my beardie has some black teeth for some reason :?
And his appetite has been less lately too :(
He usually wont open his mouth for me and if I reach towards him when hes gapping he closes his mouth.
He doesn’t seam to be stresed out or anything :?
Well thats all.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Discolored teeth are pretty normal as far as I know! :) There's only a cause for concern if his gums look swollen or otherwise unhealthy.
Basil not eating could be any number of things. If his gums are fine, and your temps and UVB are correct, and he's been pooping regularly, he may be starting to slow down for brumation. It's that time of year! Or he could be shedding, a lot of dragons get grumpy and don't eat as much (or at all) when shedding.
... Oh shoot. I forgot the rest of what I was going to say. But I'll post this as a starting point to maybe rule some things out. Good luck! Human and beardie fingers & toes are crossed that it's just something like shedding and nothing bad :) :)

Edit: I remember what I was going to say. My big guy lets me look in his mouth when he's basking/gaping, but only if I stay on my side of the viv glass! If I even touch the lid he closes his mouth lol. So I just peek when he's gaping.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
His gums look fine :D
And yes he is starting to shed now, I had forgotten about that :oops:
Anyway thanks for the advice :wink:

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well I've been feeding him carrots and some of the black stuff is gone from his teeth, so I'm hopping that it will all go away. I read somewhere that carrots can get stuff of his teeth.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
reptilemaster":29hbirc6 said:
So should I even try to clean them, or will that strees him out and be too much trouble :?:
Whoops. I meant to do research and totally forgot to get back to you on this, I'm sorry! :oops:

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well no more of the black stuff will come off when he eats the carrots, so I don't know what to do now :(
He still is'nt showing any strese, but I'm just worryed about him getting bad teeth.
I tried to clean them with a q-tip but it did'nt work at all :x
Any help would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom