light areas on skin while basking??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lele

Hatchling Member
I am back with new troubles, which I hope mean nothing. My dear Darwin (he will be 7 years old Feb 10th!) and I are struggling thru another long NH winter. Try as I might to fatten him up beforehand this year was even more difficult and met with little success - sometimes I think the only reason he is still here is due to our mutual love for each other :love5:

I have noticed in the last 2 days that when he basks there is a light area on one side - (where the liver is?). There is also an area on the side of his head - first noticed this one about a week ago. They both remain for quite a long time after he leaves the heat. :-/

Are these anything to worry about?? Have others experienced this? See pics below.

A Note:
A couple of folks will remember us from the past (I don't post much) but many won't so I ask in advance that no one comment on hydration or other things that you might think are wrong with him. He has a long history (you can do a search, if you'd like) and I suspect (as does one of my vets) the adenovirus. He's been with me since he was just 2 1/2 months out of his shell and has always gotten the very best care. I hope this does not sound harsh, I just want to focus on the issue at hand. Please do ask any questions that you think might be helpful. Thanks for understanding!

lele & Darwin

6703384169_070f558392_b.jpg

6703384539_84ffa90efe_b.jpg

lele

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I hope I didn't deter people from comments with my "note" about his history/health. I'd have hoped that someone would have responded by now :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom