Train out eating rocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnitNinja

Hello Beardie Bunch,

My backyard is basically only gravel, which turns out is a problem since my boy has taken a liking to eating rocks. So far, he has managed to actually eat several, and I didn't realize it until he pooped them out. So yesterday, when we went out, I put my hand under his face when he tried to eat them, however, I think he thought it was a game, and I don't want to encourage the behavior.

I could get him an outside container or something so he can't get to the rocks, but he really enjoys running around the yard, so if it is possible to work on him with this, I would rather go that route. I am wondering if anyone has done anything similar or if there is a good method to do this?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe don't let him out until he has already ate for the day? Either that or you might need to put down a tarp or towel for him to be on, if not just using a container.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom