Jerky front leg movements.... Not frequent but happened bef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splreece

Hey all.. Ive a 7 mth old healthy girl who's in a viv with 42deg basking 28deg cool... T5 12% reptisun and 75w basking...

Humidity is alway around 25 to 30..never above 40%. And night temps are 23deg.
All from this week
109077-9830694608.jpg
109077-8483733846.jpg

Shes done it a couple of time which I've noticed but not taken serious action incase its just a careful movement... But she's just displayed another jerky movment.. Tends to be her front left arm and it was jerky and she left it floating in air....

All her food is dusted 4 to 5 days min with abakncer and calci powder and I've had her round 5 months so the t5 bulb should still be good.... Is there anything I need or should look out for... She's eating fine and pooing daily... She loves a good roam around the house so that hasn't changed.... Only surprising thing is she love the cold of the house.. Happily stay there as long as she wants.. I always end up moving her back in within 30 mins be for eshe gets too cold...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She sounds OK and the temps and lighting in her enclosure are good. It's OK if she is out roaming and enjoys cooler areas. You could even set up a portable light for her to return to when she's out & about. Is the arm movement in a slow back to front motion like a wave? If so, that's just a communication movement and nothing to worry about. If you can get a video of it and post it to a hosting site like vimeo or youtube then post a link to it I can take a look and let you know what I think.

Moved by moderator from ER to Behavior.

Splreece

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick reply... Ive had a way and it looks different..... Its almost a movment with s the jerky stop then half way through return to original position.. Then try again 5 or 6 times...

I've had waves and they are different...

Is there a feel I can get when I hold her.. I. E. A weakness in her leg to hold the body....

Splreece

Original Poster
Cracking idea of the portable light... Will do... Am sur I can put it close to where she likes to sit (always goes into the same place)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is it possible she banged it onto something? Perhaps it is strained a bit from an impact or fall.

A simple floor stand or clamp light setup does the trick for free roaming. Works well for travel too. You can either use a plain halogen bulb for heat, or something like an Arcadia mercury vapor bulb for heat and UVB. My guy tends to prefer the plain halogen bulb, but your mileage may vary.
76248-5659197629.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom