Can beardies have naps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i've noticed that Sandstorm has been going into his cave recently. Usually he just basks all day but sometimes he will go in his cave and he will just lie there. He's in his cave now, but he is not sleeping. It is no where near close to his bedtime, which is at 9:00. Should i turn his lights off?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would keep his lights on the same schedule, but if he wants to have a lazy afternoon or a nap, that's fine. It's normal for them to go through energetic cycles and lazier cycles (including brumation when they are older). It's a bit different for each of them.

Moved by moderator from General Discussion to Behavior.

SANDSTORMtbeardie11

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2h67eafu said:
I would keep his lights on the same schedule, but if he wants to have a lazy afternoon or a nap, that's fine. It's normal for them to go through energetic cycles and lazier cycles (including brumation when they are older). It's a bit different for each of them.

Moved by moderator from General Discussion to Behavior.
Ohhh ok thanks lol! :)

Lizard of Light

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ardbert
Ardie, who is 5 months as of this writing, has been doing the same lately so I'm glad someone else is having something similar happen and that it's nothing to worry about.

SANDSTORMtbeardie11

Original Poster
Poggerna":mqqli19x said:
Ardie, who is 5 months as of this writing, has been doing the same lately so I'm glad someone else is having something similar happen and that it's nothing to worry about.
Lol me too i thought that something might've been wrong with him! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom