Anxious bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaege

I have a 15 month old female bearded dragon who has been climbing and scratching at the walls of her tank constantly for days now. I've had this problem before but discovered it was due to mating season during Summer.

It's spring here in Australia and her tank has been maintaining a normal 32-36°C, using a 150W heat lamp and UV lamp respectively. She is fed greens and crickets and resides in a 200cm x 50cm x 40cm tank.

She appears to be breathing heavily and when I removed her from her tank she continued to run and tried to climb against a mirror - this makes me think she might be showing aggression towards her reflection, but after several weeks on and off of this behaviour I thought it might be something more serious?
Would anyone happen to have any suggestions as to what might be causing it or what I could do to fix it?
Thanks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you tell us what your using for a UVB? Is it a coil or a tube and if its a tube is there a reflector on the fixture? Where in the tank is the UVB? The tank conversion for gallons is giving me a way off gallon size -- when I convert the centimeters to inches -- your tank is 200 cm? by 50 cm? x 40 cm? Its giving me 78 inches x 19 inches x 15 inches is this correct? If the tank is only 15 inches high we really need to know the placement of the UVB----- We need to see if the lighting is playing apart in her behavior -- if its spring in Australia it could be her hormones -- has she ever laid eggs before? Can you feel for any eggs? Is she just scratching or is she digging too?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom