Strange Behavior??

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: he is highly clingy to me when I hold him he only drinks from my hand wont drink from a bowl, only eats when someone is right there to watch him. He was boarded with another beardie when we bought him so it may be separation anxiety or he feels unsafe?
So I had gotten a baby beardie for my early birthday present 5 days ago. I have done extensive research for a long time cause I have always wanted one. Lately the little guy has been good but I have him placed in my room so he isnt bored all the time. His basking side is closest to the wall while his cool side is closer to me. He wont go to the basking side he only stays by my side. He also only likes me for some strange reason. My friend cant help feed him or water him cause he doesn't like my friend. I noticed when I'm not in the room he will glass surf until I'm in his sights again. Is this stress? Also he eats perfectly fine loves mini mealworms (all the stores around me are completely out of crickets) and loves his fruits and veggies (gets his normal amount of calcium)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep he has taken to you :) -- lucky you :lol: -- change his basking side around so its on the side you are on --- what are you using for a UVB? NO coils - they are no good --- basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ----- he needs salads every morning - here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
I would order 200 of them smalls - you will need a 10 gallon aquarium or tote and dubia food - you can feed carrots or squash for hydration - you will be better off in the long run - its going to be cheaper than crickets - when they get silk worms in again I would suggest you order some of them too order in bulk like 50 they will come small and you will need to feed them as well so order food and clean containers out daily -- your dragon needs a variety of diet - it will keep him healthy especially w/ the fresh veggies along w/ other worms ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom