Hole Digging/Sleeping? Pregnant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mnbennett95

Yesterday when I got home from work I went to check on my beardies and couldn’t find one. I looked into her hide but she wasn’t in her usual spot. I noticed a strange lump of dirt and wondered if she was under it. Looked around and found her curled up in a hole beneath the water bowl in the back corner on the “cool” side of the tank.

Some background:

I am a new dragon owner. I have three beardies. I believe they are two female and one male. Terra is my first female that was alway my girl (my very first dragon ever). I believe she is around 8 months Old. She was living in her own 20 gallon tank for the time being. A few months ago I adopted two more (F-Solara, M-RA) from younger siblings who weren’t prepared for the responsibility of animals. These two were kept together since they were young and I wasn’t sure of their age, I believe they are around a year old now. Over the past couple months I have been in the process of building a shelf for three large tanks to separate the dragons. I have adapted these tanks to be bioactive. I had only been able to finish their tanks and get them all separate and settled in the past few weeks.

My worry right now is that the female that had been living with the male might be pregnant but I am not sure. Even this morning I checked on her and she was still in the hole she dug. Her eyes looked open but she seems almost sleepy?

It’s only been a day but I’ve been trying to do some research online about what the cause may be. The temperature in her tank is around 100* on the “hot” side and 85* on the “cool” side (give or take). So I don’t think she is trying to hide and get cool, but like I said I am not sure.

I just want to try to figure out the reason for her behavior.

If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated :)

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I'm going to leave the problem solving to the more experienced since I am new, but I'm sure they will be asking to see pics of the set-up and want to know what kind of equipment you use (bulbs, thermometers, etc)
I think there is a link on the main page or in the left side drop menu to explain how to share. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom