Sudden mood change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys so I noticed today that after I handled creed for about an hour he was doing fine and seemed to love to be on my shoulder or in my hand but I just went in to try to pick him up and he was opening his mouth like he was going to bite me when I was going to pick him up any tips to help take this behavior ? Could he of just been tired and wants to rest? But I definitely want him to grow up to be sweet and docile and also does anyone know how hard it hurts when a 2 month old beardie does bite?? I did just reorganize and add to his tank is that means everything he did seem a little stressed after doing so ...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First how long have you had him-- they need time to adjust to the new surroundings if you have not had him that long --- first he will go thru relocation stress so thats bad enough-- two months old I would not be putting him on your shoulder -- they have a tendency to think they can fly so for his sake I would keep your hand on him if you want him on your shoulder so he cant jump off -- the flaring up is he probably thought you were a predator if you were coming from above -- they have whats known as a 3rd eye on top of the head to spot birds and other predators -- so that could be the reason for the flare up - you need to take it slow w/ him - he needs to learn to trust you --- so I would let him get used to his home and start building a trust w/ him -- hand feed him - put your hand in the tank as much as possible - put a piece of clothing or small blanket in his hide w/ your smell on it so he can get used to you that way too
Karrie

Mason212476

Original Poster
KarrieRee":znojv4ai said:
First how long have you had him-- they need time to adjust to the new surroundings if you have not had him that long --- first he will go thru relocation stress so thats bad enough-- two months old I would not be putting him on your shoulder -- they have a tendency to think they can fly so for his sake I would keep your hand on him if you want him on your shoulder so he cant jump off -- the flaring up is he probably thought you were a predator if you were coming from above -- they have whats known as a 3rd eye on top of the head to spot birds and other predators -- so that could be the reason for the flare up - you need to take it slow w/ him - he needs to learn to trust you --- so I would let him get used to his home and start building a trust w/ him -- hand feed him - put your hand in the tank as much as possible - put a piece of clothing or small blanket in his hide w/ your smell on it so he can get used to you that way too
Karrie

Hey sorry I haven’t been on here in a while. He is doin so much better now he waits for me every day to take him out and he loves to be held and never flares up anymore unless someone he doesn’t know tries to take him out of his tank. He has been growing steadily and us finally eating just as much greens as bugs. Thansk for the tips though !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom