Beardies beard is little black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy1222

So last few days my bearded dragons beard has been some what black like a line going across the bottom jaw and he has been puffing up his whole body when I go to try and hold him. Wondering reasons why he might be doing this and if sometimes its normal to have some black on beard. He looks like he might be ready to shed but he's never acted like this before during a shed

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of him --- are you using a tube UVB? It could be stress - we can better help if we see him
Karrie

Billy1222

Original Poster
He might be shedding again so maybe stressed from that but just not his normal behavior even when going through shed. But tail is looking a bit grey

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok--- I would say it looks like shed coming on -- they get funky colors sometimes -- tails get dark they get a opaque looking color dull - you name it --
Karrie

Billy1222

Original Poster
Ok so probably just do to shed. So is it normal as they start getting bigger they developed new ways of showing there stressed like how he's puffing up his whole body without beard going completely black. He's never done it before tell today. Nothing has changed in his tank either

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Usually when they are puffing their beard they are stretching it -- which is usually a sign of shedding--they will do it in the mornings when first waking up mine do it -- he is fine--- its when the beard goes jet black or black then you need to be concerned--- as long as hes eating pooping and basking and getting water in some form he is good - its when they stop doing all the above or some of the above
Karrie

Billy1222

Original Poster
Ok sounds good ya he's doing good in all those areas. Thanks again for your help once again seems like anytime I post anything its usually you who helps me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom