Beardie throwing a tantrum maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
CiriTheBeardie":z8alb9ov said:
What does the reflector do?
I believe it helps to amplify the uvb rays to a specific area, your Dragon, instead of all over.
I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in if I'm wrong but I do feel they are necessary in whatever way you can manage it. Whether buying one, replacing the fixture entirely for 1 that comes with a reflector or making a DIY reflector.
-Dee

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
CiriTheBeardie":3m1fayqp said:
Theoretically, it reflects those rays that are going every direction but down downward, and increases the UVI (UltraViolet Index) at any given distance within a range.

Practically speaking, it does raise the UVI some, allowing you to put more distance between bulb & lizard with the same effect (about 3" by my experiments & readings), but it works best closer to the bulb than further from it.

Like a few other things that shall remain nameless, it's probably better to have one and not need it than it is to need one and not have it. :wink:

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
MrSpectrum":1zfz8amp said:
CiriTheBeardie":1zfz8amp said:
Theoretically, it reflects those rays that are going every direction but down downward, and increases the UVI (UltraViolet Index) at any given distance within a range.

Practically speaking, it does raise the UVI some, allowing you to put more distance between bulb & lizard with the same effect (about 3" by my experiments & readings), but it works best closer to the bulb than further from it.

Like a few other things that shall remain nameless, it's probably better to have one and not need it than it is to need one and not have it. :wink:
UVI UVB whatever. It helps the Dragon get what it needs. ? Thats all I needed to know, personally. ? Gotta make sure I do whatever I can to keep my boy healthy. ❤
-Dee

CiriTheBeardie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":31n1y25i said:
fixture from Home Depot----------are you using a Home Depot fixture??????????? They have no reflectors in them--- do you have a reflector on that fixture --- if not your UVB rays are going every where but to her --- you need a reflector on that fixture --- you can order one from her or get a new fixture --
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/miscellaneous-accessories/arcadia-flourescent-lamp-reflectors-new-hot/
those reflectors should fit your fixture ---
Karrie

Yes on the “What to Buy” page on this forum it suggests the
2 ft. T5 1-Bulb High Output 24-Watt Fluorescent Grow Light Fixture from Home Depot for the Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO bulb. But it was my mistake buying the 5.0 instead of the 10.0, I must not have realized when purchasing it

CiriTheBeardie

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":eciqk65e said:
CiriTheBeardie":eciqk65e said:

Thank you!! And thank you Dee as well! I’ll see what I can do in terms of a reflector :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom