Status
Not open for further replies.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi Everyone :)

It's Drogon's first Christmas and I want to make it extra special.
I know what you're thinking... he's a bearded dragon.... I haven't even asked him what religion he follows and I'm assuming it's Christmas :lol: :lol:

But anyway, he's pretty spoiled as is, but I'd like to get him some enrichment items. What toys or exciting food items do you recommend for a juvenile/subadult at 6 months? He currently eats crickets, waxworms, occasional mealworm (only 1-2), BSFL, and when he wants, lettuce.

Also, I know bearded dragons are intelligent. Do they like toys?

Selkie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Every time I want to give my crew a special meal to celebrate something, I always make sure I have butterworms and hornworms on hand.

For example, for my birthday they all got a feast of butterworms, hornworms, waxworms, and their other normal feeders for the day like dubias mealworms and superworms.

The only bug I was missing that I really like to give is silkworms.
I feel like having all those different "flavors" in their meal is a nice treat for them :)

-Brandon

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
claudiusx":6c9jbv0w said:
Every time I want to give my crew a special meal to celebrate something, I always make sure I have butterworms and hornworms on hand.

For example, for my birthday they all got a feast of butterworms, hornworms, waxworms, and their other normal feeders for the day like dubias mealworms and superworms.

The only bug I was missing that I really like to give is silkworms.
I feel like having all those different "flavors" in their meal is a nice treat for them :)

-Brandon

Hi Brandon!
Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for replying.

Are hornworms those big blue things in the cup xD? Is it safe for him to eat that at 6 months?

Also, i know its silly but do beardies like toys? :)
Another issue Im having is wirh hydration/poo. I would love your opinion on that if you have the time to check it out. Lovely pics included ?

Selkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom