Hiding Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedrosPatootie

Hey all!

I have a beardie that's about two years old and he is pretty lazy. At first, I thought maybe he was just sick of being in his tank, so I've made it a point to let him have 1-2hrs of outside time a day since my house has been beardie proofed. However, even when he does have outside time he runs around for maybe five minutes and then finds something to hide and nap under. Occasionally he'll climb up on the couch and bask in the sunlight for a bit, but overall he just kinda likes to chill and nap under furniture.

Should I be concerned or is this just typical beardie behavior?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
To me that is typical normal behavior I dont know why they do it but mine does the same thing ---- he will look out the window for 10-15 minutes or so depending on his mood sometimes longer sometimes shorter find the throw pillow on the chair go behind it and take a long nap -- I usually let him sleep for 2 hrs at most then put him back in his tank where he will bask --- this was normal behavior before the brumation thing kicked in
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom