Beardie acting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte78

Hi Guys,

Just thought I’d get other people’s opinions. I have a beardie - about 7-8 months. Over the last week or so he has been going crazy in his viv, glass surfing and just generally sprinting around his viv.

Equipment-wise I’ve got low humidity with about 40 degrees in his basking spot and 22 in the shade. I am on the verge of moving him into a 4x2x2 enclosure so hopefully that will appease him a little.

He’s been checked over by the vet, had poop samples tested and is in cracking health. Could it be a phase? He’s driving me nuts ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah it could definitely be shed related. Sometimes they just go through hyper cycles like that too. Probably nothing to worry about if all the temp ranges etc are OK in the tank. When they get hyper I like to offer time outside the tank to burn off some steam if it's safe to do so (no other animals around etc).

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Monte78":1j5ctzta said:
Could it be a phase? He’s driving me nuts ?
In humans, I think it's called "Teenager" :lol:
It's happened with every kind of animal we've kept so far. Wouldn't surprise me at all if BDs go through it as well--the age seems about right.

Monte78

Original Poster
Thanks guys - he’s also just coming back from beardie boarding as I was away for a few days so he’s probably still a bit grumpy with me. He’s learned the head bobbing skill in two days at boarding!

I think I’ll be putting up with the teenager phase for a while longer ?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Monte78":3vkjp7ff said:
Thanks guys - he’s also just coming back from beardie boarding as I was away for a few days so he’s probably still a bit grumpy with me.
Grumpy, OK. With you? Meh. I've been admonished for bringing up anthropomorphizing, but IMO, he'd likely be "grumpy" regardless. :wink:
He’s learned the head bobbing skill in two days at boarding!
... Then I take it you've read an article or two on BDs learning behaviors from other BDs! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom