Not sure What's going on? Can you Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

erojas

Hi,
My bearded dragon is 3+ years old and has never reacted like this. What is he trying to say? Or is he in pain of some sort? Anyone? ** sorry for the LONG post, but wanted to provide as much detail as possible.

I bath him once a week. He usually stays in there from 3-6 minutes and then he just jumps out of the plastic tub where I bath him either after he poops or just when he is ready to come out (normal behavior). Water is warm and during this time I topically use a very soft toothbrush to brush his back, arms and legs, sides and tail...he loves it and seems to enjoy it quite a bit every time.

Anyways...Sometimes (very seldom) he will drink water during bath, this time he did ( perfectly fine) but after drinking water this time he started reacting weird, like never before. I wish I could add a video for you to see, but I don't know how. If anyone could tell me if this is possible.

Let me try to exemplify what happened...after he drank water instead of keeping his head up and start to jump and attempt to get out, as he would all other times...he did lay down on the tub, at ground level (incluiding the head) and started to move the arm and leg of just one side, as if trying to scratch or glass surf. And then he would do the same sometimes as if he was scratching or in a "swimming" motion, but just one side. Very odd. And then he would stop for a couple of seconds and do the same but now with the other hand or leg from the other side. As if he was in pain or something.

Also caught my attention that instead of attempting to jump out...his head and all body went flat on his belly ...he "laid down at water level" started reacting like that. It wasn't a sinchronized movement. It was like the arm of just one side making swimming motion moves (several) and the leg (of the same side) making scratching movements, almost like a dog. And then he would do the same but with the other side.

After a minute or less...I took him out. Put him back in the terrarium and looked "fine" although just stays there at his baskin area.
Any thoughts?

Thanks. Let me know if I can upload (tell me how to) a quick video to show you what I mean. Or if I could send to anyone via email, please let me know.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible he was just playing in the water. A video may be helpful. You can upload a video to a host like vimeo or youtube and then post a link to it here.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Hi,

If it's what I think it is, it's totally normal. Both of mine will do a quick, one-sided kick kind of motion a few times in succession when they're in the water. It's almost like they're limbering up for a swim! They will also do a little practice-swim kind of thing that looks kinda like their snuggle motion and both will sometimes "inflate" by taking in several deep breaths. All standard stuff from what I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom