He tries to eat things that arent food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I recently got a juvi beardie from my friend who wasnt taking good care of him. Since I had him he has tried eating the food dish, and the green hammock even when he already had tons of greens and crickets. Yesterday he tried eating the large basking rock I have for him. Does anyone know why he's doing this?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Torivincolato333":2oxgv8e6 said:
Hello, I recently got a juvi beardie from my friend who wasnt taking good care of him. Since I had him he has tried eating the food dish, and the green hammock even when he already had tons of greens and crickets. Yesterday he tried eating the large basking rock I have for him. Does anyone know why he's doing this?

Are you sure he's actually trying to eat these items , rather than just using his tongue to taste test them ?
….- bearded dragons are very tasty-feely beings and this is one of their key ways learning about their environment and the things they encounter in it.
This tongue tasting also helps them ID who else is / has been around (by tasting surface they can tell if another dragon has been there before them , or if there is a predator about , etc..

Torivincolato333

Original Poster
Sorry for such late response. No hes fully trying to eat it like how he eats his greens. Open mouth and trying to dig in. But since that post after I had him for a few weeks he's been normal. I think he was malnourished and wanted to eat what he could before it was gone and not knowing when hell get It again. But he gets greens everyday so he's been fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom