Stressed from moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicheleB

My daughter and I have bearded dragons but are new to keeping them, hers “Marty” is appx 10 months old and had lived with me up until August as she was living in a college dorm last semester. This year she has a rental that allows her to have him with her and she moved last month taking him and his set-up as it was here at home. The only thing that changed was the stand that the tank sits on. The contents of the enclosure, lights, decorations, feeding are all the same. He apparently has not been eating well for her since the move, I’m wondering if this is normal behavior? Is he just having a temper tantrum because he was moved? I’m going to try to find a vet that sees reptiles as our regular vet does not ? I even got him green horn worms which he normally goes crazy for, she said that he is eating, but he just isn’t acting “right”. Yesterday he did eat his butternut squash, which he loves... maybe he just needs time to adjust? Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They often get stressed out by a change in their environment. It's good that his tank is the same. That should help him get back to normal more quickly. If he doesn't start acting more normally again within a few weeks then a vet checkup is probably a good idea. Otherwise I'd just keep offering his favorite food and if he isn't acting too timid, let him explore the new environment out of the tank a little bit and get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom