Beardie attacked part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra213

So first time this happened (about a month ago) it was just decided either he was getting too curious or it might have been because I was wearing glasses. But the same situation just happened again:
I was laying on my bed with Torrin, he was roaming around and then hopped up on my chest like he usually does. He was looking at me for a long while very still and I noticed he was beginning to open his mouth. Luckily this time I caught him before he could put another split in my lip and instead my finger took the brunt of it.
I'm not wearing glasses, there's no lipstick or anything funny colored on my lips, haven't eaten so there's no food smell, he ate over an hour ago, so I'm not sure why this just happened again and very much so want to deter this kind of behavior. If it helps any Torrin is 5 months old, gender not identified yet but I'm assuming male based on some of his behaviors. Any advice greatly appreciated

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I still think this is hormonal and season related and a phase that will pass ….

Since you don't think anyone has been tormenting him.

Are you absolutely sure he had you lined up for an attack …. sounds more like he was lining you for a tongue taste - beardie kiss …. my beardies have been known to do this to me …. I interpret it as beardie telling me he/she really likes me.

My skinks do a similar thing , I've got the really careful with Fluffy , she loves getting up close and very personal when I'm nursing her on my chest or hand and talk to her , she really pays attention and comes up so close she touches my lips and nose and sometimes bumps into my reading glasses.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, if the dragon has split your lip then it sees it as a juicy worm actually. :) Just keep him away from your face. One of my dragons used to go for my pinkie toe , same reason.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
AHBD":2uqhfvhb said:
Hi there, if the dragon has split your lip then it sees it as a juicy worm actually. :) Just keep him away from your face. One of my dragons used to go for my pinkie toe , same reason.
Yeah I Agree. They can sometimes interpret non food items into something potentially yummy. Loki tries to eat my feet if I’m wearing red nail polish on it. He thinks they’re strawberries Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom