acting like a wild woman!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

budzoboy

Hi All,
Jo-Jo is approx. 5-6 yrs old. when I moved her to her new viv, she took to it amazingly well, got more active with the brighter uvb light, etc.
within the last few days, she has been thrashing around the tank, knocking off her large water bowl and her food dish off of her feeding platform. glass surfing, etc...then all of a sudden..goes into a calm state..then boom..back into wild woman mode...
it's driving my wife nuts, so she removed the water and feeding dish, and just places her greens on the feeding platform..
Any ideas for the eratic behavior? hasen't done it before?
Thanks!

Joe

budzoboy

Original Poster
Not sure about reflections

her temps are between 103 &105 in the basking area
around 80 or so in the cool side of her tank
she thrashes around...then goes and basks..then thrashes around again
her uvb is about 12-14 inches above her basking area which is about 10 inchs off the base

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. It's probably hormones. I have one that has been going crazy for about 2 months. So we let her out to run off some energy.

budzoboy

Original Poster
I may just have to do that, but the wife uses a walker and cant control her and use it also
and she is afraid if she puts her on the seat..she will jump and take off..

thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom